- Grief For 2.
- A Bees Guide to Managing Beekeepers?
- The Truth to You I’ll Tell – “Little Glass of Wine”?
- The Truth to You I'll Tell - "Little Glass of Wine" - Page 2 of 4 - Sing Out!?
- How to get a man in 10 days. Volume 1 (Women and Dating).
- Lonesome Melodies: The Lives and Music of the Stanley Brothers by David W. Johnson (2014).
- A Book of Fairy Stories (Fairy stories for kids 4 - 8 years).
Track Orders. Change Language. Arabic English.
Series by cover
Important Links. Follow Us.
App Download. US UK. Thank you for subscribing! Please check your email to confirm your subscription.
On the Charts
Our Stores. Apply Filter Remove Filter Categories.
USD No Downloads. Views Total views.
Lonesome Melodies: The Lives and Music of the Stanley Brothers - Bluegrass Today
Actions Shares. Embeds 0 No embeds. No notes for slide. Book details Author : David W.
- Our Sponsor.
- Lonesome Melodies!
- Books by Johnson David.
- Refine your editions:;
- Discovering YOU: How To Know Yourself and Live Your Truth.
- Rebel (Blades of the Rose).
- Dystopian Sci Fi Short Stories.
- Changing Role of Ngos in the 21st Century.
- History of the United Netherlands from the Death of William the Silent to the Twelve Years Truce, 1585c.
- Lonesome Melodies!
- Ralph Stanley: His 10 Greatest Performances?
Description this book This is the first biography of two integral bluegrass innovators and touchstones of country music authenticity. In order to re-create this post- WWII journey through the changing landscape of American music, the author interviewed Ralph Stanley, the family of Carter Stanley, former members of the Clinch Mountain Boys, and dozens of musicians and friends who knew the Stanley Brothers as musicians and men.
Johnson 4. If you want to download this book, click link in the last page 5. You just clipped your first slide! Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.
The Bluegrass Ireland Blog
Now customize the name of a clipboard to store your clips. Visibility Others can see my Clipboard. Two that stand out are when I learned around that Ralph planned to publish his autobiography, and when my first draft of five chapters was not solid enough to keep the interest of my first potential publisher. The combination of these two events led me almost to give up. I took heart when my son Matthew, who is a professor, said there always is room for more than one biography; and when Nolan Porterfield, author of a much-admired Jimmie Rodgers biography, suggested that I query editor Craig Gill at the University Press of Mississippi about my project.
By this time I had made progress with the writing and was able to submit 16 of an eventual 19 chapters.
. Lonesome Melodies
Nowadays there are few people about that have direct knowledge of the Stanley brothers and their music; whom did you manage to interview that could give you first-hand information? Appropriate to undertaking a biography, the first person I interviewed in depth was Ralph Stanley, whom I interviewed twice in and once in The first two interviews one by telephone, the other in person became the basis of my article Lonesome Melodies: Conversations with Ralph Stanley that appeared in the Mars Hill Review in Gary B.
Skip to content Search for. Previous Post.